Koh Samui, Thailand’s second largest island, located in the crystal clear waters on the Eastern coast, is world famous as an island paradise.
Here are our 8 top things to do in Koh Samui. Whatever you are into, X2 Samui has some suggestions to help you have a great time and on the island.
1. Our top thing to do in Koh Samui! Discover Koh Samui by sea kayak. See the island from the water, explore the quite beaches tourists struggle to get to and if you fall in don’t worry the water is always warm. Any of the X2 resort guests can borrow a sea kayak (and a lifejacket!) free of charge from the beach boys, but remember don’t forget sunscreen!
2. Use what you have around you! Take a private day tour of the island with one of the X2 experienced drives. Our trip includes visiting all the major attractions, from the famous Big Buddha to the waterfalls of Na Muang.
3. Koh Samui’s most well-known landmark, the impressive Big Buddha reaches 12 meters into the sky. This huge religious monument can be seen from miles around. There are a number of smaller temples sounding the monument as well as the usual markets supplying lucky charms and souvenirs.
4. Visiting the mummified monk at Wat Khunaram might not reach the top 8 of everybody things to do in Koh Samui list but it is really is one of the islands most thought provoking historical attraction. Monk Luong Pordaeng died almost 30 years ago and on his death asked the other monks at the Wat Khunaram temple to cremate his body if he began to decompose or display it if it did not. And so that is how the monk donned the ray brands and became a huge tourist attraction. Please bear in mind this is a religious site so covering of the knees and shoulders is expected.
5. What tropical island paradise would be complete without a waterfall? Na Muang provides this tropical oasis for Samui. Located on the South-East side of Samui, only a short drive away to X2 Resorts this jungle experience has proved to be a popular tourist attraction, just remember to pack your swim suit.
6. Thai Cooking Class – Wow your friends at home with your amazing authentic Thai dishes. Learn how to cook this amazingly unique Asian cuisine today. Do not worry if you are not familiar with cooking we will assign one of our best Thai chefs to take you through all the steps.
7. Sangria by the beach: Join our Sangria Welcome Reception by the beach every Thursday from 5 pm to 6 pm. Enjoy a lovely evening with sea breezes, mingle with others and our X2 Samui team.
8. And number 8 on things to do in Koh Samui – Fisherman’s Village. This destination comes alive on Friday evenings, when it hosts its weekly walking street market. Try every kind of food-on-a-stick imaginable washed down by refreshing mojitos for only 60B while being entertained at the stage area near the pier. Here locals mix with expats and tourists alike, enjoying the festive vibe, cheap food and drinks and free entertainment.
However you want to spend your holiday the X2 team are able to advise you on things to do in Koh Samui, just remember the resort is so beautiful you probably won’t want to leave.
Find out more at: https://x2resorts.com/resorts/samui/